• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi

Guest NeilH

Hi

I'm Neil living on the outskirts of Lincoln. Had an interest in astronomy from an early age though been more from the armchair. I have a Meade etx 90. Am trying to get back into observing and looking in the future to get a larger diameter scope. Do quite a lot of nature photography so am interested in getting into astro photography .

Neil

Hi Neil and welcome!

You should check out the ELAC guys on here, I bet they're not too far! :)

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Neil, a warm welcome to EMS.

If you are really thinking about getting into imaging, I would advise asking our resident dark arters. It's a heck of a steep learning curve, mostly with a bit of teeth gnashing involved.

It depends on your budget, what you want to image, and where from. You will probably need a wallet the size of John Wayne's saddle bag as well.

Iam only visual, so not a huge amount of help to you. Iam sure you will get some good advice to follow. There are a good few ELAC members over your way, so you should be able to get out and get your hands dirty with them.

Any questions, feel free to post them in the beginners section and you should get answered fairly quickly.

In the meantime enjoy the forum.

Hi Neil

Welocome to the forum.Like you I am fairly new to astronomy. I also live in the Lincoln area so may meet up sometime

David

Hi Neil, just South of you at RAF Cranwell, we have monthly meetings at Gib Point (next 9 Feb) I f you want to come and meet some friendly astronomers then I can give you a lift or meet you there? Good to chat, observe and check out scopes etc..

Cheers

Ron

Hi Neil

from another Newbie but in Nottingham i'm afarid :ph34r:

but welcome

Allan :rolleyes: