• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter Mono webam 27th Jan 2013

red dwalf

managed to try out the mono webcam last night on Jupiter, intermitant cloud but was nice to get out for a change and try it out,

10 frames per second best of 900 frames

managed to get the great storm in for the first time ever and typically i was using the mono webcam, would like to get this is colour one day.

thanks guys, i was hoping for a little more out of it as it`s supposed to have the 618 mono chip mod done to the webcam, again it was only a quick grab as i couldn`t resist, think it could certainly do with a barlow lens next time to increase the image scale, might also of been alittle dew on the corrector plate of the sct as when i brought it back into the house the whole scope was dewed over.

Edited by red dwalf