• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter Mono webam 27th Jan 2013

red dwalf

managed to try out the mono webcam last night on Jupiter, intermitant cloud but was nice to get out for a change and try it out,

10 frames per second best of 900 frames

managed to get the great storm in for the first time ever and typically i was using the mono webcam, would like to get this is colour one day.

was a quick grab but they are good fun, don`t think the seeing was the best and i would like to get more detail next time with a barlow to increase the image size

Very nice :) I must get mine back out and have another go at Jupiter. Last time I tried it was too low really.

thanks guys, i was hoping for a little more out of it as it`s supposed to have the 618 mono chip mod done to the webcam, again it was only a quick grab as i couldn`t resist, think it could certainly do with a barlow lens next time to increase the image scale, might also of been alittle dew on the corrector plate of the sct as when i brought it back into the house the whole scope was dewed over.

Edited by red dwalf