• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Sleaford

Guest Stargazing Girl

Guest Stargazing Girl

Just a quick hello as I have just joined the forum. I have been bought a starter telescope as the stargazing bug has caught me and attended my 1st stargazing evening with ELAC a couple of weeks ago. I will be booking for the Star party at Anderby in September. Hope to speak or see some of you soon.

All the best

Donna

Hi Donna, a warm welcome to EMS.

No mucking about then! A scope and a star party, brilliant.

Have fun and any questions just ask away.

we are going to EMS2, so look forward to meeting you.

Hi Donna and welcome, i also was at Gibraltar point when you and your friends visited. Hope to see you there next time.

Hi Donna and welcome!

You are in good company with the ELAC guys, they're a great bunch.

:)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Donna,

Warm welcome to EMS. I you have not already got a planetarium prog, try stellarium, best bit is that it is a free download can be found here  :-  http://www.stellarium.org/ .couple of great books 'sky & telescope pocket star atlas' and 'turn left at orion'.

Cheers

Hi Donna welcome to EMS.

If I dont see you before, see you at EMS2!

Enjoy the forum.

Guest Stargazing Girl

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will be going to the next ELAC meet so see you all there on the 9th Feb. I already have Stellarium on my desktop and I am using it to find out a bit more about what it going on at there in space.

Regards

Donna

Hi Donna, was great to see you at the last gib point meet. Look forward to having chat next week :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Donna, you need 10 posts to open the 'Shoutbox' and use Private Messages. These are used most of the time by members and will open up all the help and advice you need to get started!

Cheers

Ron

• 3 months later...

Hey Donna, welcome to EMS, I hope you enjoy your stay, anything you need just ask, those folks on here are real helpful. M. ;)