• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Melton Mowbray

Guest HMGP

Hi all from a newbie in Melton Mowbray, been a binocular observer of the skies for a while and recently made the jump into the wonderful world of telescopes, purchased a hefty TAL-1 and have been getting accustomed to it.

Looking forward to getting plently of advice and contributing into the forums, perhaps meeting some fellow stargazers in Melton???

Regards Hayden

welcome to the forum Hayden,

i think the new observing site we have is close to you, and there are a couple of guys on the forum in the melton area.

Welcome to EMS Hayden. Good to have you on board. Lovely scope you have there :) There's a couple of Melton members so I am sure they will be along to say hi in due course

Hi Hayden and a warm welcome to EMS :)

We have a dark site at Wymeswold where we meet for observing sessions so keep an eye on the Info and Announcements section "EMS Meets" board for the next meeting - particularly when the sky is clear at the weekends - you'd be very welcome to join us for a session.

I was schooled in Melton and we have members currently living there too. Look forward to meeting you soon - meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Hayden,

welcome to EMS. I'm a newbie too and live at the North End of town near the country park. I'm still getting used to my scope and there are too few clear nights to practice with it.

You'll find this a very friendly forum with a lot of experienced astronomers.

Hi Hayden,

welcome to EMS. I'm a newbie too and live at the North End of town near the country park. I'm still getting used to my scope and there are too few clear nights to practice with it.

You'll find this a very friendly forum with a lot of experienced astronomers.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I live at the North end of town not far from the country park (Melbray Drive Area).

Know what you mean about clear nights, always waiting in anticipation and often disappointed !!!

Hi Hayden, a warm welcome to EMS.

Congrats on the scope, I hope you get a bit of clear sky to use it, and look forward to meeting you sometime.

Enjoy the forum.