• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Light Optics

Allan the Plumber

Hi guys

Just a quick question.... Has anyone had problems in contacting FLO resently

I'm tried calling 3 times today left a message as nice person on answer phone says and even email to no avail

I've got funds I want to spend but no one will answer

Just a quick one do I keep ringing (I know they're a dispatch company) but they give you the option to call.

Just in case wanted to check to see if anyone had had a similar issue resently

Cheers Allan

e mail is the best way

they openly admit phone is not the best way to contact them

I have had slow responses before ,but most say they are very good if you use the contact tab on the web site

Edited by Ibbo

I've rarely had good response to email from FLO.

Still buy stuff off them though as they do keep you well informed on how your order is progressing.

I've used a few suppliers including FLO and they're all on par with one another from my experience. FLO took payment and issued my order promptly. Their e-mail responses were taking a couple of days, but it was just after Stargazing Live so it was to be expected.

You could always hope on SGL and PM them? (Stephen might know if that's feasible/appropriate)

Cheers guys will look into that should be back home early afternoon if no response to emails and calls from yesterday may considering taking my business elsewhere

Only reason want to speak to them is to see if they offer any discount on items I'm going to order plus want info on best eye pieces for scope

Cheers

Allan

I can tell you without a shadow of doubt, FLO do not do discounts, I have managed to get them to price match before but that was hard work.

i emailed FLO at 10.30pm last night, got reply at 10.45pm.......

now thats what i cal service :D

Sheila

i emailed FLO at 10.30pm last night, got reply at 10.45pm.......

now thats what i cal service :D

Sheila

Yes, but the amount you spend there, you must have the majority share in the place :lol:

Well I did get an email at 11.24am not much help may look at another company :angry:

Result amazing what you can do when you say your going elsewhere have been told should get a call in 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Not bashing FLO they seem to get a postive thumbs up from SGL and EMS :wub:

will let you know going to go for discount too :o

Allan

i would recommend opticstar as a good point of call, i`ve had dealings with them before another first class service i thought.

also could try the traders on the forum, i.e. altair astro

p.s. Allan,

have you thought about going to the Astrofest show at London on the 8th and 9th of Febuary, there is usually a discount available at the show, might need some burly lads to help with carrying gear.

great show as you can see all the toys for sale and have a play with them

p.s. Allan,

have you thought about going to the Astrofest show at London on the 8th and 9th of Febuary, there is usually a discount available at the show, might need some burly lads to help with carrying gear.

great show as you can see all the toys for sale and have a play with them

I did see that yesterday didn't know about it I'm in Southend that weekend fitting a CCTV system into my Mother in laws house so not sure if i could make it how much is a ticket?

I have since my last rant have spoked to Martin at FLO :o

He was very helpful and as I type this I'm about to get him to call me back a decision has been made

Was on the phone for 40 minutes and yes he was very helpful :wub:

Wish me luck about to spend money :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Allan

Astrofest tickets are 6 pounds, good day out

Good luck with the purchasers.

Let us know what you decided to buy.

I have had good service from FLO, things that I have ordered have always turned up on time.

I know that they have moved premises, and I can't comment on their staffing levels, but I have always had a good relationship with Steve and James.

I do and have also used other suppliers, some excellent and one bloody awful. I won't go into who and what, as they have no way of defending their side of the argument.

Allan,

I've only contacted them via email but I bought a scope and mount from them and the mount proved defective. They arranged collection and replacement with no quibbles whatsoever. During the checking of the mount before sending back to them they even sent me a power lead (£14) foc. I thought their service and aftersales service was brillient.

I have bought loads of items from them and they have always been first class to deal with. I have opten chatted to them at star parties and once again, they are always very happy to chat and give advice.

I find as long as you use their customer number system they have, then they will always contact you back.

I can honestly say i've never had a problem with FLO. 

Always answered my calls (try ringing mornings before 12) and promptly answered emails.

They're probably the retailer i use most online. I can't recommend them highly enough.

I've allways had a brilliant service from FLO - there aren't many retailers who'd lend you nearly two grands worth of refractor to play with as long as you like whilst making a decision to buy (or not to buy). Steve and Martin et al offer a fabulous service and advice, and they are allways my first port of call for gear.

Sometimes they can offer a price match but they rarely do discounts any more cos their prices tend to be the keenest. Also - sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for the added value they give - pre and post sales service can't be faulted - they bend over backwards to make sure you end up satisfied. Nothing but praise for them :)

If you have initial communication problems - a quick email using their link on SGL usually gets a prompt response.

I've allways had a brilliant service from FLO - there aren't many retailers who'd lend you nearly two grands worth of refractor to play with as long as you like whilst making a decision to buy (or not to buy). Steve and Martin et al offer a fabulous service and advice, and they are allways my first port of call for gear.

Sometimes they can offer a price match but they rarely do discounts any more cos their prices tend to be the keenest. Also - sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for the added value they give - pre and post sales service can't be faulted - they bend over backwards to make sure you end up satisfied. Nothing but praise for them :)

If you have initial communication problems - a quick email using their link on SGL usually gets a prompt response.

Just to say I take it all back!!! :facepalm:

Managed to speak to Martin at FLO several times today and

as you guys said he gave me great advice and now thanks in part to  EMS and especially

Red Dwalf :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

I am now £1300 poorer but much much happier

Roll on clear skies