• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Light Optics

Allan the Plumber

Skywatcher NEQ6 pro mount

Skywatcher Explorer 200-Ds OTA

Couple of filters eye piece 7mm scope comes with a 28mm

Already had the canon DLSR and the web cam result

All I need is to get some to help me collomate the scope as I've never done that before

Skywatcher NEQ6 pro mount

Skywatcher Explorer 200-Ds OTA

Couple of filters eye piece 7mm scope comes with a 28mm

Already had the canon DLSR and the web cam result

All I need is to get some to help me collomate the scope as I've never done that before

Nice!! If you come along to the next meet (whenever we get a clear weekend night I guess) then we'll be able to help with that. I recommend the Hotech Laser collimator as your next purchase-look out for them on ABS they come up time to time. That's where I got mine :)

I find them really strange to deal with via the web. You have to raise a ticket and you get an answer which I'm told had improved time wise (it wasn't always so) but often as a new purchaser you really want to talk it though first and that's practically impossible except for few. However as a point, click, buy site they are very good. Items arrive quickly and service after a purchase seems very good. I just wish they would pick up the phone more often. Recently it did take more than twelve hours to get a response to a stock enquiry via the website. I had already bought else where by then

They are a great company when you Do get to deal with them. Maybe a victim of there own success ;)

Edited by Teslar

Nice!! If you come along to the next meet (whenever we get a clear weekend night I guess) then we'll be able to help with that. I recommend the Hotech Laser collimator as your next purchase-look out for them on ABS they come up time to time. That's where I got mine :)

Cheers guys will look forward to meeting up very soon next meeting I hope

Yeah Tom I did find the speed in which they get back a bit slow but when I finally got to speak to Martin at FLO he couldn't of been more helpful I would have no problems using FLO again it's a bit easier when you know the system

And I agree when spending that amount it's always nice to speak to someone

Don't forget they do have a huge following and very few staff - not like your big retailers with big shop fronts and loads of sales people - they actually started in the spare bedroom of one of the original SGL members only about 5 or 6yrs ago. Even now they are still a small business of little more than half a dozen folks who service a big community.

Factor in they have to attend all the main star parties and astronomy shows up and down the country, and have to close shop for a few days to prepare for events - then get back and unpack to open up again afterwards - and sometimes you will get seemingly unreasonable response times. But they usually give notice on SGL when they are going to be away and when they're coming back. It can seem rough if you're not accustomed to them - though they are very dedicated, skilled and professional.

Considering all that I think they do a superb job of keeping most customers happy most of the time. :)

I have been calling FLO for weeks, never a call answered. I ordered an item over 2 weeks ago and am still waiting....

I would highly recommend Rother Valley Optics, they have answered all my calls and will bend over backwards to help you out!!!

I have been calling FLO for weeks, never a call answered. I ordered an item over 2 weeks ago and am still waiting....

I would highly recommend Rother Valley Optics, they have answered all my calls and will bend over backwards to help you out!!!

Try emailing Mark it seemed to work, well at least this time will also look at Rother valley optics

Cheers

Well I have to say recently I've been very happy with FLO. Ordered my new scope on Wednesday about 8pm,it arrived today (Friday) about 8 am.

Have visited FLO few weeks ago, there factory unit is stacked high with stuff, there are 3 of them so answering the phones

is difficult as they also get folks calling in to buy as well.  E mail is best option but if you e mail and say you need to talk

to them they always try and oblige.

When i was there they had 4 or 5 customers in so they seem to be doing very well.

Sheila

Skies the limit on ebay are always worth a look (think its spelt skys the limit tho)