• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Our old dog....

Cazz

Just a flying visit to say this week our old dog has been very unwell again, hes lost over a kilo in weight and has not been a happy chappy at all.  So today we took the hard, but right decision of putting him to sleep.

He was 16 years 4 months old, he had been with us since 28th March 2001.  Before he came to us he was a working dog and had never even been inside a house, it didn't take him long to settle in though.

In the years he had with us, he has done everything we have done, hes been to car shows, steam rallies, loved camping and beaches, he even eventually started to enjoy astro - as long as he had me and a thick quilt lol.

RIP - Bomff.  :wub:

Sorry to hear that Caz - at least he's in a pain free and peaceful place now - difficult but probably the right decision. :mellow:

Aww noooo, sorry to hear he took another turn for the worse, there's only so many times before its too much so I think you've done the right decision, gonna miss him.

A sad time, but you gave him a marvellous life.

He was a really nice little dog.

Rest in peace Bomff.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Cazz,

So sorry to hear about Bomff, we are on our   3'rd batch of setters, have two Gordons & a Red. It does not get any easier, but you have to make the decisions for em sometimes. Even more difficult when they have been part of the family for a long time, so understand how you feel.

I had to go in and rescue one of our Red Setters some years ago as it got caught in an undertow in the sea, I had to take the same pooch in to the vet......

Keep smiling.

Guest ollypenrice

I'm sorry too. I look after my neighbour's 15 year old collie when she's at work, take her out round the village etc. Dogs are great. No wonder we love 'em.

Olly

Sorry you had to make this decision, it is a really terrible one to have to make.

Your dog had a great life with you two looking after his every whim, I won't forget him being wheeled round in his buggy.

Thinking of you both.

Krys and Martyn.

Cheers everyone, he loved all his EMS friends, or was it the fuss and food he liked? lol.  :lol:   

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Cazz,

Its a lot of both,....I didn't realise when I changed my pic. The post above when I had to go in and rescue Snipe, this was the beach I went in on, if you look to the right of the main wave there is a rocky crop, poor sod got stuck in the undertow there, when I got him out he was still hanging on to the bottle he had seen and had to have....setters!.

Cheers

Hi Cazz,

Its a lot of both,....I didn't realise when I changed my pic. The post above when I had to go in and rescue Snipe, this was the beach I went in on, if you look to the right of the main wave there is a rocky crop, poor sod got stuck in the undertow there, when I got him out he was still hanging on to the bottle he had seen and had to have....setters!.

Cheers

They are crackers, he was very lucky to have you there.