• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

HS2 proposed route

BAZ

Well thought out to cause maximum disruption for the "little" folk and line the pockets of anyone involved in building it. The way train fares keep going up I wonder who will be able to afford to use the thing.

Had a look earlier in the week, it's about 2 miles from me, with higher ground inbetween. Don't expect any issues from it running, but it's across the route to my office. Mind you, I'll probably be retired by then, given the way public enquiries work.

I think that the proposed completion date is a bit optimistic, they haven't included any opposals and legal challenges, these could drag on for years. 

I haven't used a train for years, way to pricey and utterly unreliable.

Someone on the radio asked, has anyone put forward a budget for a high speed bus transfer.  :lol:

They'd do better widening the M1 to 6 lanes each side. By the time you get to the HS2 station in the traffic jams - spend 2mins going from London to Endinburgh - then back in the traffic to the hotel - you may as well have driven all the way lol :)

This high speed train line is an absolute bloody joke. £30 BILLION. WHY?

The people running this country are incompetent fools if they think that this is a good idea.

Now I'm all for progress and making the country a better place but that much money on one train line is just plain daft.

The money could be better spent on much more productive or useful projects.

Being an engineer I recognise that it would be a fantastic achievement, but with all the bureaucracy in this bloody country it will soon go over the already rediculous budget.

/rant

This won't happen whoever is in power when the line gets to birmingham will scrap it. That's what I think anyway :)

Yeah - when I started working in Brum I felt like I'd been scrapped lol. It's like a black hole for stuff the nation doesn't want any more haha. :)