• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mount foot has come off!

catman161

Hi Guys,

Last night one of the feet came off when I went to extend the leg. It sort of push fits back on fine but is there a good glue for metal to metal that anyone can recommend?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Last night one of the feet came off when I went to extend the leg. It sort of push fits back on fine but is there a good glue for metal to metal that anyone can recommend?

Cheers

Loctite

Purpose made metal glue

Do you meen the rubber foot Felix? I had one drop off when I just let the leg drop when extending, it hit the stop and the rubber shot off. I found it in the dark thankfully. I think I used evostick the next day to put it back on.

Thanks Graham :)

Hi Phil, it's not made of rubber, it's definitely metal. Pic below.

ubypury2.jpg

I've got a load of tiger seal left. You can use that if you like.

Nice one thanks Tobias-what is tiger seal? :0

Its typically used in the automotive industry for bonding car bodywork together. It forms a permanent but slightly flexible bond. Sticks anything to anything.

Its typically used in the automotive industry for bonding car bodywork together. It forms a permanent but slightly flexible bond. Sticks anything to anything.

That sounds perfect :) How much do you want for it? Is it postable or is it really heavy?

Its postable. It comes in tubes like bathroom silicone sealant, so you'll need a mastic gun (or whatever you call them) I've used all i need so i won't ask for any ££s. Its only about £8 a tube on amazon so its not much. I'll check it when i get home to make sure its not cured in the nozzle as if it has it'd be useless to you.

Its postable. It comes in tubes like bathroom silicone sealant, so you'll need a mastic gun (or whatever you call them) I've used all i need so i won't ask for any ££s. Its only about £8 a tube on amazon so its not much. I'll check it when i get home to make sure its not cured in the nozzle as if it has it'd be useless to you.

Thanks Tobias-that's really good of you-cheers :) Let me know if it is useable and ill pm you my address.

Hello. It's still ok. You may need to cut off the top part off the nozzle as that it has cured a bit, but it's still fine. PM me your address and I'll post it to you.

Hey Toby, Glued the mount foot back on today with the tiger seal you sent will leave for a while. Not like will need to move the mount at all with the weather we are currently experiencing! Thanks again it looks (and smells) like really powerful stuff!