• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NEQ6 Power Mod

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Does anyone have some instructions for adding the secondary power input? I've sourced the connectors, but can't find any details on the soldering points for the PCB.

Cheers,

Stephen

Guest Kheldar

Looks good Stephen. I don't have the technical know how to do this mod. Looks cool though :)

Neither do I, but these things normally work out in the end :D

Looks good Stephen. I don't have the technical know how to do this mod. Looks cool though :)

If it works he has to do mine :lol:

Guest kirkster501

Hmm, not so sure about this mod personally.  Sure, stops the cable pulling out.   But looking at it from another angle; what if you snag the cable in the dark with your foot?  At least with the original cable it'll just pull out.  With these sorts of mods there's the possibility of damage I'd think?

Guest Kheldar

Hmm, not so sure about this mod personally.  Sure, stops the cable pulling out.   But looking at it from another angle; what if you snag the cable in the dark with your foot?  At least with the original cable it'll just pull out.  With these sorts of mods there's the possibility of damage I'd think?

If there's any cables at floor level or loose for anyone to catch on, I've not set up properly :) Cable management is the key!

Guest Kheldar

Hmmm... didn't realise this was a mod - thought it was factory installed - that's the same plate I have on mine. Musta got lucky.

Lucky you :) No the secondary screw fit connector is definitely not stock

That looks fantastic Stephen-nice work. Night pick your brains about doing it myself at the next meet :)

Guest Kheldar

looks good

You could do with a plug for the old hole I'll see if I've got a suitable something

Ta muchly!

looks good..... lets see how it goes :D

sheila

There's that eternal optimism again .... :girlycry: