• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

image stacking with a time lapse movie.

Guest Mu11ett

Guest Mu11ett

Hi all here's a challenge for you all

I have just gotten myself a GO-Pro Hero 3 Black.....they're all the rage at the moment !!!

I have set myself a challenge of doing time lapse with it...infact it's outside clicking away every 5 seconds as I type this. we have clear sky's over Melton tonight so bingo !!!

my question is this..... Is there a bit of software out there that can stack the images taken from a time lapse video???

A time lapse being built up of a collection of individual images but put together in camera as a video??

I have tried "google" but as yet have failed..

Any help would be appreciated 

Many thanks and hopefully you all don't get to cold out there this eveing

happy viewing

" Manny "

Picasa by google will do it, but the gopro auto adjusts ISO i recall so you are most likely to get a hell of a lot of noise in the dark

Guest Mu11ett

damn thats something i never checked before setting it up. I worked til 9pm tonight so was super keen to get shooting with it ....... case of RTFM strikes again.

Thanks for that Eddy_J1 lol

do I stop it or carry on for now .... sod it I'll read the manual and let it run the battery down 

cheers

Eddy is right re the auto iso adjustment of the GoPro. I had the GoPro one and two for use when skydiving and have sold both on now to find the GoPro 3 black when the season starts again. James Dawson on here makes time lapse videos out of single images he is worth talking to. He sent me a great little time lapse vid of the stars from his garden the other night.

Edited by catman161