• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M81

philjay

So having tried the theory the other night with the WO FLT98 and Atik 314L OSC camera the clear hours last night gave me a chance to try and put it all into practice,

Heres the first go

M81 Bodes Galaxy. Just under 3 hours of 8 minute subs, guided, stacked and calibrated in Images Plus and processed in PS. No flattener reducer so its at quite a long FL at F7 to get some image scale. A little bit of cropping for composition.

Hope you like it, Ive still got a bit of compositing to do on teh core with shorter subs but thats it for today.

Thanks folks Im pleased with it. I have been trying to get a decent close up of this galaxy for the past 2 years, weather and conditions plus a few mishaps have always got in the way but it all came together that night. The colour camera made alot of difference, I aint got the patience or weather for lrgb