• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Check out this crazy behemoth !

Bino-viewer

Anyone who attended todays 'Astrofest' in London can't have failed to have been impressed by this monster.....

No.......i didn't buy it  :(   Lottery winners only ! 

I've never seen a scope like this available to buy. It makes my WO 5" look like a pea-shooter, and even makes the only mount capable of carrying it,

the Paramount ME look small.

It's a 10" APM Triplet Apo, with LZOS optics, with a 2250mm focal length. Thats nearly 7  1/2  feet !  And.....its over 50kgs....!

The cost.......wait for it........£45,549 (no trade discounts allowed ! )  Oh......and don't forget the £12k for the mount and pier. And you'll need a big obsy.

Despite this,  Widescreen Centre, who were displaying it, told me they sell at least one of them every year...... :screwloose:

Very nice, but think what else you could buy for that sort of price to *really* cure a bad case of aperture fever? :D

......to be honest.....the image i took with my phone doesn't even begin to do it justice !

Nice but I did notice in the bottom left of your photo a really cute  :o 'PINK' :o  camera that Stephen would be interested in to match his pink scope. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice but I did notice in the bottom left of your photo a really cute  :o 'PINK' :o  camera that Stephen would be interested in to match his pink scope. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost a perfect match  :lol:

i doubled checked the weight from a US supplier of this scope : i wasn't far out,,,,,,it's 99Lbs  :o

....and i think those stainless steel counterweights are 10kg each (maybe they are 15 ? ), so yes , it would need double that.

Just shows you the immense engineering that goes into those Paramount ME's. Probably the ultimate home mount you can buy.

Sheila wont because, and I quote......."Paramount's are ugly".............. :facepalm:

mmmmmmm, but the scope looks pretty and long FL i was looking for   :girlywub:

Guest Kheldar

mmmmmmm, but the scope looks pretty and long FL i was looking for   :girlywub:

Ah but it's too heavy for you to lift! Going to have to dump that idea :(

I reckon any of us would need one of that beast of a scope! Especially Stephen as his muscles are probably now adapted to only being able to lift that "massive" GT-81 :D

Guest Kheldar

I reckon any of us would need one of that beast of a scope! Especially Stephen as his muscles are probably now adapted to only being able to lift that "massive" GT-81 :D

Hey! I have to lift it WITH a camera on the back ... :nonono:

Hey! I have to lift it WITH a camera on the back ... :nonono:

Ha ha ha! :)