• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi I'm Catman 161's Dad!

Guest fossilpops

Guest fossilpops

Ever since I went on my first stargazing evening on Exmoor, Nr.Dulverton, Devon, with my son, Felix, I was hooked on the experience and marvelled at all the consellations and planets we saw. I bought a Skywatcher Mak 127 with Goto, but soon realized that, unless I joined a Forum such as EMS I would be fumbling along, not really knowing what I was doing! Felix has been a big help so far, and I am pleased to be a member of the same Forum as him as I know from him what a friendly group you all are. Being based in Devon, it will not really be practicable for me to come to meetings on a regular basis, but I do intend to follow all the Forum's activities whenever possible! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Martyn for his kindness in supplying me with Baz battery, for which I am very grateful.

Hi Ian and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

Good to see you here and anything you'd like help with feel to ask by starting a thread in the appropriate sections. You'd be most welcome to join us for a session at one of our two dark sites if ever you're visiting in Leicester. Felix often comes round my place for a bit of ad hoc observing when nothing organised is happening - it would be nice to meet you at one of those "mini sessions" too.

He's very enthusiastic but I've been trying to persuade Felix to not jump out of aircraft on the end of a bed sheet for months now - so he can afford more astro equipment lol. Great to have you on board and enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Ian, welcome to EMS.

Great to see you made it here, so if there's anything we can help you with, please ask away.

That's a good scope you have, particularly for the Moon and Planets, and should keep you out for many a good hour.

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to EMS, if the sky is dark in your area don't mention it on here too loudly or else you might find your back yard full of us lot one night :lol:

Enjoy.

Hi dad :)

On your best behaviour now, eh? :P

Ahem! I am always well behaved, aren't I everyone?! Lol!

Ahem! I am always well behaved, aren't I everyone?! Lol!

:whistle:  as my mum says, if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing..... My lips are sealed ;)