• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My 2000th Post!

catman161

Hey everyone, as the title suggests this is my 2000th post on EMS. Here's to many more and thanks to all the mod/admin team for a great website and forum and of course to everyone who has helped me in this hobby thus far-cheers :)

Edited by catman161

I've not used one for so long I reckon I'd have to revise it - forgotten everything - In fact showing you was probably the last time lol. But technology moves on and we all use goto's, phone apps, ipads, etc, etc....

Just over 13 months to do 2000 posts that's not bad going, well done.

Cheers Mick, has been a lot of fun and very informative too-the perfect mix

Get a life Felix ;)  :D No seriously thats good going mate, congrats

Ha ha! Cheers Phil :)

I've not used one for so long I reckon I'd have to revise it - forgotten everything - In fact showing you was probably the last time lol. But technology moves on and we all use goto's, phone apps, ipads, etc, etc....

Yeah, I remember thinking I would never use goto due to cost and not learning the sky etc, but curiosity got the better of me and i found the money and I love it now, even if it isn't proper astronomy ( eh Mick? :D )

Here's to many more

Pat

Cheers Pat :)

Edited by catman161

A much debated subject - some say it is proper astronomy - some say it ain't.

I allways think it's a case of right tool for the right job. If you're imaging you don't want to waste time finding stuff cos there's so many other things to do (camera set up, collimation, capture and guiding software, computer link up, etc). So goto is indispensible.

If you're entertaining a crowd with views though - you can't beat a nice large aperture manual dob in the hands of an experienced star hopper for that wow factor. :)