• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Small horse in large field, multi FL.

Guest ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

This is based on an FSQ85 HaLRGB of just 7 hours, though at F3.9. I added the recent Head/NGC2023 details from the image in the 14 inch along with some data for the Flame in the TEC140. The processing of the basic widefield was complicated by thin high haze scattering the blue. Mixing FLs is a great way to go though. Registar is the key.

Olly

In full; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2361977372&k=QpQcQHw&lb=1&s=O

HH%20NEB%20328mm%207%20HRS%20ODKHORSE-M.

Edited by ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

We're they taken from here ?

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great image the detail is amazing

Pat

Hey, great to see that again!!! I think we just got Ken in a comfy chair and fed him wine while he worked away on that one...

Thanks Pat.

Olly

Guest ollypenrice

Very lovely, it must take a lot of skill to balance the colours, contrast and noise levels in the merged image. I love it as per normal :)

Can't be that difficult if I can do it! Registar does the hard part.

Olly

Can't be that difficult if I can do it! Registar does the hard part.

Olly

To produce these kinda images you must have a lot of skill :)

I'm guessing you need pretty much noise free images to do this, meaning a lot of data, was it just that close up of the head you posted recently? that you merged? You can't even tell where it joins, stunning :)

Guest ollypenrice

To produce these kinda images you must have a lot of skill :) I'm guessing you need pretty much noise free images to do this, meaning a lot of data, was it just that close up of the head you posted recently? that you merged? You can't even tell where it joins, stunning :)

Yes, that's the image I merged. You have to feather them in and resist the temptation to apply them at full opacity. If you do, the extra resolution is too much and stands out.

If you have some long FL data which is noisy it may still look great when shrunk down to fit the widefield. I've added really quick, noisy long FL data to widefields but it still tightens them up.

Olly

Fantastic shot Olly, Alnitak well under control and the detail in the wall behind the horse is outstanding.