• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Inaugural EMS Rocket Contest.

Perkil8r

Unfortunately I don't see how you could? Much the same as you can't attend the talk by Paul Money unless you go. This is only a bit of fun to try and fill the daylight hours at the star party weekend, I'm sure if there is enough interest we may be able to hold a similar event at Belper next year or something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• philjay

• Sheila

• BAZ

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we now have a launcher. So if it holds up for multiple launches, then I don't see why we can't have one before an evening meet in the lighter nights.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks, looks like Im going to be able to attend EMS2 so I shall bring along my Estes solid fuel rocket and give it a go if you like folks.

No I wont enter it into the competition but just give it a go for a laugh, I think Ive got three rocket engines left, they've been packed in plastic so should still be dry. Just got to patch the parachute up, it got melted the last time, I ran out of wadding and used loo paper instead :D Made a nice fireball that one did  :nuke:  :D

Awesome Phil !

I once had one but never used it, I sold it to a chap I worked with in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one somewhere as well, in fact it has never been launched.

It's a little one with a 110 film cartridge in, and it takes a snap at the point where it deploy's the chute. I think there are six motors with it.

Iam going to have to dig it out now, damn you Phil. :)

EMS II Rocket fest!

I have spotted one in my prep lab at the school, there may be a possibility ;) not investigated as to exactly what it is yet though, been too busy playing with the other toys. errrr...... working hard preparing practicals :whistle: 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got 3 c6 motors igniters and wadding for my rocket, just got to patch the chute up and we are go for lift off from cape Skeggy

This looks like some good daytime entertainment :D

if its clear, i will be alseep, please have silent rockets :facepalm::D

Guest Kheldar

if its clear, i will be alseep, please have silent rockets :facepalm::D

Seconded! :P

Club insurance covers rocket damage right? :D

Edited by Kheldar

Seconded! :P

Club insurance covers rocket damage right? :D

My cricket bat will cover that you miserable so and so :P live a little :D

My cricket bat will cover that you miserable so and so :P live a little :D

By bat will be bigger than yours :girlybat::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Could anybody seriously intending on taking part in this please post here so we can get an idea on numbers. That way we can make some kind of plan on where and when it will take place over the weekend.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Mike (Perkil8r) for winning the hilarious Rocket Competition that gave us all a good two hours of laughing and giggling entertainment. It gives me great pleasure to award you a spanking brand new 1.25" 99% reflective Star Diagonal courtesy of Nick at Altair Astro who very kindly donated the prize - thanks Nick. :)

@Mike - PM me your address and I'll post it on to you cos I forgot to pack it the caravan lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.