• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SkySafari app discount

Guest Eddy

The sky safari plus and pro apps on android have a 30% and 25% discount respectively.

I can highly recommend sky safari, I think now its discounted I'm even tempted to get the pro version which includes 740,000 galaxies down to mag 18.

I presume its the same discount on both the android store and apple store.

I'm sure others who own it can vouch how good it is.

That's a good discount in itself Daz! I paid £27.99 for sky safari pro in middle of January!

:o  - that makes feel better.

I wouldn't pay that for an app, you can tell who has all the money....... ;)

That's not the worst of it-most I have paid for an app (a very good one though-extremely useful for work) was £50 for The complete netters anatomy text. Great reference when dealing with injuries.

17.99 is cheaper than what it is now, you got a good deal, it's certainly got a big catalogue of stuff and the fly into orbit around other things is awesome

Just downloaded Skysafari + for the iPad. Looks good. I'll hopefully be able to get it to work with my new mount.

I will buy the skywire at some point so I can use it to control my mount. Need to save even more pennies-eyepieces are my main goal at present.

• 5 months later...

What's it like compared to the free versions of SkEye and Google Sky map the carphone warehouse man downloaded for me as first apps on my new S3?  Does anyone recommend any more useful apps?  What's the one that shows Saturn's moons positions?

Meanwhile, after using ISS detector tonight (last night, Monday), I saw ISS's two -3.3 mag passes within a couple of hours, both high up 68 degs.  Are there any apps for polar alignment methods using a web cam in the eye piece draw tube rather than a polar scope?  Also, does this web site have an app to use to view or alert of messages where the user has subscribed or posted to etc (but not all messages)? thanks, Derek

Also, does this web site have an app to use to view or alert of messages where the user has subscribed or posted to etc (but not all messages)? thanks, Derek

Tapatalk has that function I believe the android version has been recently updated

Tapatalk has that function I believe the android version has been recently updated

Yup. :)