• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Nottingham

angusw2

I joined this forum last year and didn't really post anything then. I don't know if I introduced myself at the time but as I'm starting to use this forum now I thought I'd better say hi.

I have been interested in space and science since I was about 4 years old and got into astronomy in 1988 when I saw the Mars opposition at Sherwood Observatory through their 24" telescope.

I served on their committee for a few years but took a more back seat role a few years ago.

I have had a couple of 4" refractors over the years and have dipped my toe in the world of DSLR imaging, something I'd like to try more of.

I'm committing myself to a 12" dob to try to do some dark site visual work so I hope to meet up with some of you guys in the future at Belper or wherever.

Hi Angus welcome to EMS.

Join the darksite members section and  have access to our two dark sites all for the paltry sum of £20 per year. We meet when it's clear which I know doesn't occur very much nowadays at our sites in Belper and Wymeswold.

Hi Angus, a warm welcome to EMS.

You would be very welcome to join us at one of the dark sites. You will love the Dob, they really do perform well under a dark sky.

I look forward to meeting you sometime.

Enjoy the forum.  :)

Hi Angus and a warm welcome to EMS :)

As above - it would be great to meet you at one of our dark sites. Do drop down for a free first visit and see what you think. Bring a scope by all means or just come and have a look through ours.

Several of us have 12" 'ers, and there's a range of fracs, Sct's, Maks, and antiques. Keep your eye on Info and Announcements for EMS Meets - they can be arranged (or cancelled) at very short notice depending on weather. Meantime enjoy the forum :)

Hi Angus and welcome to EMS.

It sounds like you'll have a wealth of experience to share with us. :)