• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bright ISS 15th Feb.

Tweedledee

Magnitude MINUS 3.3 tonight!!

Rising 7.05pm in WSW to 7.09pm 67degrees altitude in Auriga. Should pass just above the moon.

Well, it was bright alright. Clouds just parted enough to get a view. Was clearly visible through one patch of cloud acquiring a nice little halo as it went.

Too cloudy in Mansfield for the ISS. Saw the moon very faintly through cloud.

Did anyone see the station?

I saw it, quite bright although not the brightest I've seen it. I thought for a moment it was going to transit the moon.

I ha to drive the missus to a night out and was in the car when it would have passed and it was just clearing too :(

I saw it a few times behind the clouds in S-in-A.

Afterwards I checked Weatherpro & Scope Nights which continue to claim there are clear skies, Grrrrrr!

Beautiful clear skies where I was. Typical then that SWMBO needed picking up at that time :(

Edit: also yay. 500 posts

Edited by T A WOW

Missed out on that although it was quite cloudy in Mansfield. I was preparing to give an astro night school at the Obs and was wondering about the asteroid so I was a bit pre-occupied!