• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Light WO GT81 / H9

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Well the weather was against us last night despite favourable forecast - but I eventually managed to get focus on M45, then pushed the scope to roughly M42 :) Guiding was out of action as the OAG wasn't set up (no time and I won't do it in the dark) so I settled on 10s exposures through the L filter.

42x 10s L (7 mins.)

Rough process as ever (there's loads more in there I'm sure!) Stack available if anyone wants to play :) (Sheila/Mike I'm looking at you!)

(Edit) Stack here - download

All in all, a promising start for the scope and camera - even Maxim was playing ball for me last night! Roll on SGL and IC405 ...

1b5effe4-c25a-441e-8945-6bda12dd3083.jpg

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Spot on focus Stephen, any hint's on doing that??

Nice start for 7 minutes of data, stars are pinpoint :)

Edit: Ron, he has an electric autofocuser I think :P

Whilst I could cheat as Eddy says, I don't.

Focus is achieved using a Bahtinov mask and a piece of software called Bahtinov grabber and / or APT now supports the same functionality :)

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Not bad for the time how come you only state mike and Sheila for the process ?are we others not worthy hahahahahahah I see apt as that function updated it the other day

Anyone is welcome hence the link in the post :) Mike and Sheila normally process the data I grab is all!

Guest Kheldar

I can not wait for a full run of this kit rgb/l ect ,was this from home or dark site

Pat

Dark site (Wymeswold) - just not worth setting up at home, though may be tempted now I have a NB set up ....

There's my attempt. Could prob do better if I did a layer mask for the core. More data will help a lot with this though Stephen :P as you always keep telling me, Data, Data, Data...... you can't invent data in processing ;)

Guest Kheldar

There's my attempt. Could prob do better if I did a layer mask for the core. More data will help a lot with this though Stephen :P as you always keep telling me, Data, Data, Data...... you can't invent data in processing ;)

Well some of us attempt to get data even if the forecast isn't ideal, some of us are big wusses :spititout:

my process

incredible amount of stuff in there.  hope my set up is as good...will only need 1/2 hour for a full image at this rate :lol:

Sheila

Edited by Sheila