• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm

oldfruit

All i can say is wow! I tried this eyepiece tonight for the first time in the 12 inch dob. The whole disc of the Moon was well within the field of view. Even with the Moon being about 40% ilimanated, i could still make out the dark part of the Moons disc.

The whole experience of viewing the Moon at around 94x magnification and still having a large amount of sky around it was something else. I spent about an hour just scanning around as there was so much sharp detail to see. The views were nothing short of superb and for me at least, the Nirvana eyepieces deliver stunning widefield views and great contrast and detail.

I am about to order the 7mm Nirvana and hope the views through the other 2 are what i can expect form this one.

Mark.

Good report Mark, also enjoyed the widefield view in my new 10mm Luminos. Must do some comparisons next time we meet!  ;)