• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My First Ever Jupiter

catman161

Hey guys,

After failing to get anything lookng good on the live screen on laptop Stephen and Phil saved the day and advised what I was doing wrong and I managed to get a good few avis before the clouds rolled in. The below image is best 95% of a shorter avi (742 frames) and was taken with an SPC900NC with Sharpcap. Equipment was 200P on NEQ6 Pro and 2x 2 inch Televue Powermate. No processing other than registax as I don't really know how!

Hope you like, advice welcomed :) As I said I have a few more avis to sort through and process so will post more when I get a chance.

Oh dear Felix what have you done. :o :o :o

That is your first step on the slippery slope into the dark side.

Cracking image for any stage let alone first attempt. :thumbsup:

Guest Kheldar

Oh dear Felix what have you done. :o :o :o

That is your first step on the slippery slope into the dark side.

Cracking image for any stage let alone first attempt. :thumbsup:

It was all over when he bought the NEQ6 :D

02emperor350.jpg

Edited by Kheldar

Cheers all :)

As I said I have a few more Avis to process and I see the weather forecast for the middle of the week is dire so may save them for the inevitable cloudy nights that are to come :)

I had three more Avis to process Pat-I have done two of them tonight and will do the final one tomorrow and post the images then also :)

Thanks Toby/Mick :) I will upload the images from the other three Avis later, not sure they are that great but then I have no frame of reference really as it's my first go at this, thanks for comments.

Hi Felix if I could suggest you download "ic capture" I find that as a lot more control when I put the reference point I use multi points I find the best frame the one that shows the best detail ,I then put 6 around the circle of Jupe ,then a couple in the middle it takes longer but I find it works out better in the end I multi point on the moon as well seems to yield crisper detailed images

Pat

Nice one, thanks pat I will have a look at that :) is that instead of registax or instead of sharp cap?

Felix sorry its instead of sharpcap I find its better ,I use registax5 for stacking I like avistack as well it's got loads of settings to play about with I hope your ready for the addiction to the planets and moons jupiter will set you up for the mighty Saturn the king of planets for me

Cheers pat

Cool thanks pat. Yes I am looking forward to having a go at Saturn soon too :)

IC capture will only work with DMK's as it checks to see that one is connected before opening.

Oh well nevermind. Thanks anyway Pat. Is probably better for me to stick with one bit of software to begin with anyway until I get a bit better at all the functions etc.