• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Whole Set......

catman161

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your compliments again about my first attempt at imaging jupiter in my other thread. I found t very enjoyable. So after work apart from tearing apart a cryobox that I bought home from work to extract the perfect insulation material for my battery box I also processed the remaining three avis of jupiter from last night (17/02/2013). I used the same equipment; 200P, NEQ6 Pro, Philips SPC900NC with IR/UV cut filter and TV 2x Powermate. So here are all 4 images (The whole set) from my first night attempting imaging. Hope you like them, any advice apreciated.

First image is the one from the other thread (best 95% of 742 frames)

Second image is 2388 of 3600 frames (I left the camera running and went inside and forgot about it-oops!)

Third image is 1086 of 6000 frames ( did it again, this tme drinking tea-I need to put the frame limit function on I know :) )

Fourth image is only 137 of 1000 frames

hi Felix another great set of color images very nice ,if i may be as bold to say that 1500/1800 is plenty and from them i would be looking at stacking 90/95% of those ,theres a filter called dering denoise have a play with those to get rid of the thin white band around the outside of the planet ,please do not take this comment the wrong way just try in to save ya a bit of time and help you out .its great to watch you images progress

cheers Pat

:)

No offence taken pat :) where would I find that setting in sharp cap?