• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

went veggie on new years day,

cosmic dave

I went vegetarian on new years day, I must admit its not been that hard yet unless Ive had a beer :huh:

Don't know why i wanted to share that with you all maybe its the facebook influence, lol

Eat to much veg and you start to stink.

More or less veg does not stop this in my case... Ask the missus! :lol:

Guest wisewoman

I was veggie for many years - it made me feel good with lots of energy but I missed bacon sandwiches. In fact I think bacon sandwiches are the stumbling block for many a veggie!

There are such good soya products now that can satiate a desire for real meat if prepped right. Things like soya mince and mock duck found in Chinese supermarkets are excellent veggie 'meats'.

Anyway Good Luck! :)

Melissa

I did some work in a friend of mine Chicken farm or whatever you call them, after putting up with the smell, the conditions the poor things live in made me go veggie for about 15yrs. It is only recently that I have started eating meat again.

Guest David Pugh

I was veggie for many years - it made me feel good with lots of energy but I missed bacon sandwiches. In fact I think bacon sandwiches are the stumbling block for many a veggie!

They did me in as well after 10 years being a veg.

Still don't eat much meat though.

not to bot herd about bacon dont think that would tempt me but a chicken zinger well thats a whole new question. anyway work gave me 3 weeks tops so im well on the way now...

When I was in the 6th Form I used to work part time at Safeway supermarket collecting up all the trollies for a bit of pocket money. One Saturday I was asked if I could help prepare the meat out the back in the Butchers. I 'hacked' it, so to speak, for the day but not without it turning me Vegetarian for the best part of the following 10 years. I was fairly strict but occasionally treated myself to fish (because fish don't have feelings...).

Anyway, 10 years later I remember going through a McDonald's drive through and ordering a Filet Fish meal. I drive the mile home and open the bag to find a Big Mac looking back at me! What do I do? Well I think about it for a good couple of minutes...

Then stuffed my face with it!

It was bloomin lovely! That happened in about 2001, and I've loved my meat again ever since.Good luck in your Vegi adventure!

Edited by Fluke

Cheers, still vegie and still finding it quite easy. Had to turn down some sweets the other day because they had beef byproduct in !

You should have seen the Mythbusters episode about fish, they do in fact posses not only a good memory, but are very able to problem solve. They taught them to navigate a fairly complex maze to get to food, but changed the maze to see what they would do, it took them seconds to suss out how to get round it.

Then they sectioned off the maze, and fed them normally for a few weeks, after that opened up the maze again, and voom, no problems remembering how to get through it.

I also think they have feelings, certainly in respect to pain, as they have quite an advance central nervous system which incorporates the lateral line, and is an excellent sensory system.

Guest Bryndalf

Martyn, Dont tell my wife that! fish is the only meat I can get away with cooking at home, shes been a vegaquarian (will eat fish but not meat) for 6 years. Consequently so am I at home, thank heavens for takeaways and pub food :)