• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

16th March Meeting at Tbird's house

tbird

ELAC members, I'm having another meet at my house on Saturday 16th March.

As before, you can come and setup before dark, wives/partners welcome, refreshments provided.

PM me if you intend coming so we have some idea of numbers, thanks.

I was thinking that any imagers (planetary or deep sky) coming, could you bring some raw data, so if the weather is bad, we could have a look at various processing techniques.

Thanks for the invite but won't be able to come,the wife doing her birthday shopping in Lincoln and won't be back till late. I've also have a conflict next week too- come to Gib point or watch Barnsley FC play Man City in the FA Cup quarter final?

Sorry Paul I have been offered some work that evening, cant afford to turn down work :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all have a great time at pauls tonight, sorry I can't be there with you....<br /><br />

Thank You to everyone who came tonight, pity about the weather but it was good to have a natter

Big thanks to Paul and Rosie. Good company and refreshments. Tonight we covered planetary imaging and processing and also dso imaging and processing. Really enjoyed the evening. Very informative and i think we have all learned something tonight.

Shame about the weather but a good time was had by all anyway.

Agree with that Mark, thanks to Paul  and Rosie for a lovely spread and frequent tea! Learned a lot about planetary stuff I didn't know before so really enjoyable. Would have been the icing on the cake to do some live AP on Jupiter/Moon but this is England!! Didn't understand a lot of the talk on Nebulosity, seemed a difficult program to get into? Still to each his own, that's what makes astronomy so interesting I think?

Cheers

Ron

Thanks for the good company and refreshments. Fantastic Cakes Rosie could have sat and ate them all.

Even though could not see the sky, really entertaining discussion on imaging so now has wetted my appetite to explore more and must sort out my webcam.

Look forward to next meeting at Gib Point.

Dave and Clare  :)  :) 

Guest MakkaPakka1

Sounded like a good night, despite the weather. Sorry I couldn't come but the missus has just had an op. Would have been great to hear the ap discussions as I'd like to have a go on an old Xbox cam I have. Are they any good? I've read some guys have taken some great shots with one.