• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sunday nughts Jupiter images

red dwalf

as promised some of my efforts from Sunday night, using wx astrocapture software, 2 images using i420 and 2 using yuy2, 2 at best 100 frames and 2 at best 20 %.

i don`t think theres much differance, have got some more using Sharpcap software for comparison later.

Edited by red dwalf

thanks Martin, just was a trial really to compair settings and software, i can`t see much differance between them, don`t think the seeing was the best it could have been either

Very nice indeed, Rob. I really want to have a god at this, at some stage.... The problem is money to do it! :lol:

webcams aren`t that much, Steve got a setup for £25 including the adapter and filter, free software from the net, and the good thing about using webcams on planets is you only need one or two minutes to get a capture, should be good on your light bucket

cheers Mick,

had a good couple of hours out there testing the colmination again with a new bit of software, looked almost spot on from when i did the star test last week, apparantly it was one of the coldest nights we`ve had this year, minus something or other

cheers Kim

as promised some of my efforts from Sunday night, using wx astrocapture software, 2 images using i420 and 2 using yuy2, 2 at best 100 frames and 2 at best 20 %.

i don`t think theres much differance, have got some more using Sharpcap software for comparison later.

here`s the comparrison set of images using Sharpcap software, again using yuy2 and i420 compression, best 100 frames in each.

Edited by red dwalf

here`s the other set again,

the only real differance i can see is that the yuy2 compression setting uses up more MB for the same capture length than the i420.

Edited by red dwalf

they were only 90 seconds each Phil and i know you take alot longer than that when imaging some serious stuff L.O.L.

it seamed to take longer to get the focus right or as near as i could as it was alittle cold and my hands where shaking a bit,

but mainly it was to compair the two software differances of which i think there is very little in my opinion,