• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Registax 6

dawson

Does this tend to freeze on other peoples computers when it's not undertaking anything particularly difficult?

James

I had that happen James. I use 5.1 on my laptop that runs windows vista and I don't tend to have any problems with that version.

Random issues but as above I use 5.1 most of the time on Win7 and it seems to have been faultless so far.

I'm glad it's not just me; I'll uninstall and try 5.1.

Thanks

James

(Windows 7)

I'm glad it's not just me; I'll uninstall and try 5.1.

Thanks

James

(Windows 7)

I have both installed and not had any issues from having both. 6 is better IMO for AVI's but 5.1 is my weapon of choice for lunar and solar Raw files. 6 does act up from time to time on AVI's though.

Yes, uninstalled 6 and now running 5.1. Hasn't crashed or frozen yet, but it has revealed how bad my focussing was the other night :)

James

Edited by dawson

In Registax 6 (I'm running that on my desktop and it seems more stable than on my laptop), there are no boxes to align things up with, just dots. Where does one put the dots?

James

[Edit - I've found another you tube video to watch and I think I now understand the dots]

Edited by dawson

It sometimes freezes when I use it but I persevere with it, as it sometimes produces better results than Registax 5. To stack images in R6 you select 2 or more features that you want to align on.

Sometimes if I'm stacking widefield "camera only" shots that it gives multiple images of constellations.