• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Are we doing anything special?

catman161

Just wondering if we were all planning on meeting at one of the dark sites to try and get a glimpse of PANSTARRS at all? Any plans been discussed yet?

Busy day on Saturday so I'll need a reasonably early night on Fri - but if it's clear I may do Wymeswold with you Felix for a few hours - won't be a late one though. :)

Dr Ann is setting up in Abbey Park Friday with the LAS'ers.

If the weather is OK, and my back is working, I'd be game for coming along. No laughing at my dew shield though :)

James

Cool-will all depend on weather I guess. What the western horizon like at wymeswold? I didn't give it much attention last time I was there! Will be cool if a few if us get together at wymeswold if it is clear (fingers crossed!)

If it's not clear, we could sit in a pub and you could teach me how to use Registax :)

James

Ha ha! I barely know myself James! I just follow Dion's planetary video on astronomy shed :) More than happy to show you what I know of it (very little) lol! I know it can do so much more but I am still just getting Into it myself!

Thanks for the links in the other thread felix, i'll watch those later as luckily got another day off, yippee! I could get used to a three day week.

I've just realised i'm on call this Friday night so i won't be able to stray too far from nottingham. So i think even if the weather turns nice i won't be able to come. Sorry.

James

Guest Tweedledum

If its at all clear tues \ wed next week am going to set up in local park as it has a relatively clear western horizon.

Shamelessly pinched from a post that Steve put up in the LAS link.

I think this is a good picture to show the size and location of PANSTARRS....

http://www.popastro.com/news/newsdetail.php?id_nw=168

Just checked Google maps and if memory serves, Belper has a good view of the western horizon due to it's ridiculous height.

I think I may try and pop up to Belper (even mid week if I can), just to try and get a glimpse.

Will post a thread in the meets section if going (weather / SWMBO shifts allowing)

I would personally let it get out of the murk, leave it till at least the end of March.