• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

total beginner clare n william

Guest clare louise

Hi Clare welcome to EMS.

You don't have to worry so much about the light when viewing the moon, it's more the fainter objects like, well anything other than the moon, Jupiter and The Pleiades. As said earlier, we have members all over the place, I'm sure someone will offer a hand, otherwise you are very welcome to come to a meet at one of the dark sites. (A one of 2 sites just off the beaten track where there is less light pollution). These are safe, quiet places where we gather in normally a small group, there is generally hot drinks and Sheila's cakes, "worth the trip alone". Just wrap up warm and feel free to bring William along, I have a 7yr old son myself named Adam, he enjoys looking at the planets and looking for aliens and transformers in the craters on the moon lol.

You won't go far wrong looking on YouTube there you will find all the answers, I'm sure you'll find several videos featuring your telescope.

Hope to see you at a meet soon. Mark. (Wymeswold).