• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A quick M35

philjay

Took this at the start of my sessions over the past few nights. I wanted a nice star field to set my adjustable reducer to the correct backfocus for the DSLR and m35 is ideal.

My main target over the past few days was M42 I have been trying to get over 4 hours of data on it but dont think Ivesucceeded yet, but I wanted to usethis to test the set up.

This is about 30 minutes of 4 minute subs at ISO800 using the canon 1000d through the FLT98 with the WO Mk4 reducer / flattener.

Flats but no darks as I hadnt taken any at the time of the test. Stacked and calibrated in Images plus 4 and processed in PS7 with a little artistic license on teh diffractionspikes. I put them in to give it a little sparkle :)

Hope you like it, this is my fave pair of clusters

Phil

Guest NadeemShah

I take it was done without a modded camera and/or with a CLS Clip filter as the stars are saturated blue...? Also the black point looks a bit clipped, just some suggestions Phil...

Nadeem,

Edited by NadeemShah