• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Eyepiece donations towards the EMS scope Please

Our EMS scope is nearing completion, unfortunately we do not have any eyepieces to go with the scope.

So I'm here asking for any donations of cheap beginners eyepieces or a barlow that you can afford to give away.

Remember this is a starter scope so nothing grand please.

Thank you.

I've got these two 9mm and 20mm came with a skywatcher Mak. I'm happy to send them to you if there are of use :)

tepynuqa.jpg

I must have something I don't use any more - let me check out what I've got - I already gave away one or two stock eyepieces and a barlow but sure there's something left. :)

I must have something I don't use any more - let me check out what I've got - I already gave away one or two stock eyepieces and a barlow but sure there's something left. :)

You said elsewhere you've hardly used those little old Naglers  :P  :D .

Same as above, I have the stock 10 + 25 mm Skywatcher eps.

Your welcome to them.

"You said elsewhere you've hardly used those little old Naglers"

Hahaha! Yeah they need a proper first lighting - that's why lol :)

Blimey! If anyone has any other eye pieces they don't want and which are better than the ones which came with my scope i'd be up for buying them! Something in the 10mm range, upper teens or lower 20s and i'd be game for trying something higher!

:)

James

Mick

i have a 2"  2 x barlow  (altair)  Is this any good for you?

Sheila

Thanks everyone, I'm overwhelmed by your generosity.

A 25mm, 20mm and 10mm will be an awesome start.

As these are 1.25" ep's Sheila unfortunately your 2" barlow will be no good but thanks anyway.

Would you mine posting them to me, I'll pay for postage via paypal as a gift.

Daz 25mm

Tom 20mm

Eddy or Stephen  10mm

Cheers guys

No problem Mick, will get it in the post next week, don't worry about postage, it won't be much.

Might it be worth putting a pic of the loan scope in the loan scope thread so people get an idea of scale I assess whether they actually have room to store it? I just remember totally underestimating how big it was as a total newb just looking at pictures on the net :)

Thanks Daz, Tom, Eddie/Stephen for the donation of the eyepieces and thanks to Sheila for the donation of the scope and Felix for the donation of the dob base, Im sure the gear will be used and appreciated.

I have a Celestron 2x Barlow I can chuck in Mick - it's out of the old Celestron eyepiece kit so a little better than the stock supplied ones. :)

Thats great Kim, we now have a complete scope set up with 25mm, 20mm, 10mm and x2 barlow.

Not a prob-was happy to give something back to the club that has given me so much :)