• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Viewing log

Astrocookie

Hi All

I'm part way through coding a database application for recording my observations and astrophotograhy settings etc...

I know there's a few freeware ones out there but I wanted to tailor it to what I wanted.

I'm probably 3-4 weeks from completion but will constantly tweak as I find other ways if using it.

I'm willing to make it available freely to anyone who may be interested.

It would be helpful to know what kind of information you would like to be able to enter in such a database and if you think it would be useful.

It would be interesting to know how/if you record your evenings observations!

I'll post screen shots as it progresses if there's interest. :-)

Cheers

Ah. That's what happens when I post at 11:22 PM on a school night...

Its a database program to run on a PC so you can enter and save viewing details for posterity.

I'm mainly going to use it to record what settings work best for different targets and conditions.

Perhaps a screen shot may help!!!

Or maybe most people prefer just to get on with it and are not obsessive compulsives like me. :blink:

Paul

I think if I was a hardcore imager I would find it extremely useful. At present I am an amateur webcammer when it comes to imaging of any sort. Othe than that I mostly do visual and then write a report in the observing section on here. Sounds very good though.