• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The light pollution saga continues.....

Daz Type-R

'To highlight the impact of light pollution on stargazing the entire population of Dulverton in Somerset is being asked to switch off their lights on Wednesday evening to show the contrast, as part of BBC Two's Stargazing Live.'

I've just seen this featured on the 6 o'clock news. What a great idea! After all the effort it's such a shame that with tonights weather they won't see a thing :(

we have had a golf driving range open near us. its ridiculous you can see it 18 miles away !!!! :angry: luckily for me its north.

Why are Halogen lamps still sold?

They are after all incandescent, and waste 80 percent of their energy input as heat.

There is no way a five hundred watt bulb can show you any more than a two hundred watt bulb would be capable of.

There should be more effort to produce the compact florescent versions, if people feel they need them. Don't get me wrong I have a converted halogen, (now CFL), but it is only switched on as I need it, and not on the sensor any longer. The cats used to love messing about and setting it off.