• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling Heath Star Party

Guest Magnatone

Guest Magnatone

Hello one and all. Well I joined this superb social network to be social and to network, but alas neither has happened. It has got really busy at the office and I have been in undated with work. This has also affected my stargazing, it would appear that the only nights that have been clear, I have got home to shattered to do anything!!! And the rest of the time it has been chucking it , snowing or just too damn cloudy, so I have been spending my time on You tube (NatGeo, SpaceRip and all the other superb universe and galactic videos, I think I'm on the repeat circuit now!!

I must say I feel a bit guilty as I had so many welcomes from members and I have been unable to respond suitably. Any way this is about Kelling Heath Star Party in April..... Anyone going from EMS, I might then have a chance to grab some liquid refreshment and get to know some of you, after all its bound to be full off cumulus rubbish knowing my luck

All the best Tone

Hi Tone - I usually go to Kelling both spring and autumn equinoxes but unfortunately I'm missing spring this year. Some of EMS will be there however so if you do go you'll be guaranteed some great company. I've not yet seen a thread started for the spring one this year - but I'm sure someone will start it up soon in the Info and Announcements section.

I know what you mean about work, weather, and clouds - I've not had a scope out for several weeks now. Most astronomers become weather watchers when it's like this lol. We just gotta hold the faith I guess. If ever you're up our way you'd be most welcome to join us for a session. :)

FYI: Booking info at http://www.kellingheath.co.uk/ (make sure to mention the star party for preferential rates)

Star party info at http://www.starparty.org/

There's a whole flock of us there in Autumn, on the Blue field, all down the centre bit. Make sure you come over for a chat and a brew. :)

Guest Magnatone

Will do. Would like to check out how the spring party goes first.

Tone

Edited by Magnatone

Yup - totally recommended - go to the spring one - you'll meet some of our members and make friends with loads of others from all over the country. The main difference in recent years from the autumn meet is that there's no talks or raffle - and a lot less trade stands during spring. But that might be changing a bit from what I've heard. And we've only ever once had to leave the kit in the car due to weather.

It's still a great atmosphere with clear skies (usually) and loads to do - very much worth going. :)

Like Martyn put above, there are loads of us going to the Autumn one!

It's gonna be loads of fun!