• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC4725 and friends.

Guest ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

Quite small, even in the 14 inch at 2.4 metres FL. Lots of big field stars in there too, which need to be kept down in processing without losing too many little faint fuzzies. All in all a bit of a killer to process and we had terrible seeing for the luminance on the first of the two shooting nights. Needless to say it improved on night 2 for the colour, which doesn't need good seeing! GRRRR.

ODK14/Mesu Mount 200/SHV H36X. L 5.5 Hrs, RGB 6 Hrs. 11.5 Hrs all in.

Olly

Bigger, http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-BCbNkR4/0/X3/NGC4725%20LRGB%2011HRS%20WEB4-X3.jpg

NGC4725%20LRGB%2011HRS%20WEB4-M.jpg

That is totes amaze! Trying to convince SWMBO it'd be a good holiday to come and stay at les granges.

Fingers crossed

OMG!! Again (as always!) amazing image Olly! I love the colours in this-simply breath taking!!

Guest ollypenrice

Thanks folks. A guest imaged it as well on a night of better seeing so I need to talk him into a collaboration, I think!  He used an AstroSib Ritchey Chrétien, a stunning telescope and very rare.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...