• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Binocular lens caps

I got some 10x50 binoculars from a charity shop a year or so ago; they are quite old, but heavy and good.

I want to get some lens caps for them. Any ideas where to try? I've tried several camera shops but no luck. Ebay no luck. Boots made the binoculars but I've not tried them yet as didn't think they did optics any more.

Thanks

James

(the wider end is about 62mm in diameter, the eye piece end is 31-32mm externally in diameter)

I have a similar problem with my Pentax binos, primarily because some daft sod decided to design the eyepiece cover as one elongated cover. :rolleyes: So it only stays in place if the binos are opened out fully.... Planning on giving Moss Plastics a try as they do a large range of caps, etc. http://www.mossplastics.com/tube-end-caps---short