• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from (cloudy) Hinckley

Guest gravityguy

"it was one of those nights - I'd also forgotten my dew shield...."

Wish I'd done that - I turned up with the Celestron CPC one night only to find I'd picked up the Sky Watcher handset in my haste - felt a right plonker I did lol :)

Welcome Gravityguy, "nice user name". You seem to be finding your way around, a few great views there.

Catch you at a meet some time. ;)

Edited by Mark Harper.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gravityguy

That someone was me :-(

It was a mare of an evening. Meant to be a shakedown of my new setup with the Bluetooth to serial adaptor and SkySafari.

Discovered that the positive lead from my power tank had parted company inside the socket - but only after half an hour of getting more and more frustrated as the scope kept losing alignment (as the connection kept making and then momentarily breaking). Did finally get it working, but it was one of those nights - I'd also forgotten my dew shield....

Gave it all another try last night, and aligned in under a minute and slewing around happily! Hopefully next time we met up Mike, I can give you a less negative impression of the ease of set up!

LOL - it was a good night non the less Simon :)

Guest gravityguy

Welcome Gravityguy, "nice user name". You seem to be finding your way around, a few great views there.

Catch you at a meet some time. ;)

Quite a coincidence really. I have had this username for quite a few years now. I used to be a skydiver and so it fitted quite nicely at the time  :)

Hi Mike, Have a word with Felix, he chucks himself out of perfectly good aircraft too.

Hope you are enjoying the forum.

A fellow jumper :) There's no

"used to be a skydiver" mike, we both know that once you're a skydiver, you're always a skydiver :D