• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Challenger

Big Al

Just wondered if anyone else saw yesterday's docu-drama on the aftermath of the Challenger disaster. Story focused on the Rogers Commission, and primarily on Richard Feynman - a stunning performance by William Hurt. It's only available on iPlayer until Sunday

Yup - that's why I didn't post much here - it was brilliant and Hurt was very convincing. Nasa went down a bit in my opinion rankings I must say - scandalous deliberately risking killing folks for the sake of budget and politics!

Guest Steve

Got to watch it before Sunday. I was quite surprised to catch the Challenger program while channel hopping so it is on my mental to-watch list. 

Coincidentally, when I was in the states last week and wandering around a Barnes and Noble in a soulless super-mall I'd picked up an excellent biography on Feynman in cartoon form - very entertaining.

Also there are a few good documentaries on Youtube I'd started watching. Search for "Feynman" and there is one near the top of the list that is 90 minutes long and well worth a look.