• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

April Meeting

cosmic dave

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tibbz2

• oldfruit

• RonC

• cosmic dave

Check out this site on Google Earth:  53" 3' 30.13N     0" 14' 36.18E Helicopter landing place for the RAF bombing range, BUT free access and NO LP!!  4.25 miles SSW of Gib Point.

AND the 'Barley Mow' is just down the road!!

Could be worth checking it out tonight if it's cloudy ?????

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest MakkaPakka1

I think it'd be a good idea checking the site out. Seems ideal. The wind is picking up here in Coningsby so I'm not holding my breath for a clear one.

Well ,a total washout tonight, but by no means a total loss. Was nice to catch up briefly with everyone and we all took a trip down to the new possible dark site and initial impressions are very good. Just need a clear night to check it out. :)

Like the wainfleet site, bit worried about no toilets for our lady members tho??

Like the wainfleet site, bit worried about no toilets for our lady members tho??

Just tell them we are helping them get that little closer to nature. :D

Thanks for what? Getting you wet?? :D  On a serious note, when we do meet up we do like a laugh sometimes, especially when the British weather is like tonight. But what i will say is that when the sky is clear it will blow you away.

An 8 inch dob will show you a lot of stuff, especially from a dark site.

An 8 inch dob will show you a lot of stuff, especially from a dark site.

I hope so, it has barely got any use yet due to the damn weather! :lol:

Don`t worry Tobias, we will look after you and show you some good stuff, especially this time of year. The Virgo Galaxy Cluster is good this time of year and also a lot of deep sky stuff in Ursa Major. You will see so many things with your scope, you will not know where to look!

Edited by oldfruit

I'd say make a solar filter for daytime use, but we don't see the Sun that much either!! :lol:  :lol:

I'd say make a solar filter for daytime use, but we don't see the Sun that much either!! :lol:  :lol:

What`s "the Sun"? :lol:  :lol:

Don`t worry Tobias, we will look after you and show you some good stuff, especially this time of year. The Virgo Galaxy Cluster is good this time of year and also a lot of deep sky stuff in Ursa Major. You will see so many things with your scope, you will not know where to look!

Can't wait! :D

:lol: