• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

AN EVENING WITH EAST MIDLANDS STARGAZERS

Doc

Been away for a few days (as usual) so catching up! This is great idea - happy to help talking one to with newbies, setting up & can bring petrol if required. Looking forward to it!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc

• Brantuk

• BAZ

• Craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for a few days (as usual) so catching up! This is great idea - happy to help talking one to with newbies, setting up & can bring petrol if required. Looking forward to it!

Nice to have you on board, one to one and petrol please.

Really looking forward to this, as I said before, if anyone my way (LIncs) wants a lift, just PM me asap.

Im coming :D

I asked dh if he was happy for me to go out this Saturday night whilst he was watching the footie ;)

Right I need to work out exactly where it is because my last outing to Belper ended up with me getting lost and not making it so I need an idiots guide please :blink:

Btw those who have met me before I am looking a little different - erm have a little tattoo now :P:lol:

Btw those who have met me before I am looking a little different - erm have a little tattoo now :P:lol:

Dare we ask where? :lol:

Come down the A610, when you get to the Hurt Arms at the end, turn left.

Take the next right, which is a Holly Lane, keep your eyes peeled it's easy to miss. Carry straight on up this road, its a bit steep and narrow, and goes on for a bit.

At the end turn left onto Belper road. Take the next right onto Palerow Lane, and within about fifty metres, another right onto Sandyford Lane.

The entrance to the CC is the gate next right, it will be sign posted, EMS, you won't miss the gate!

There are some pictures on page one of the thread, click them they get bigger, and you can get a feel for the roads.

If anyone gets stuck, ring me on 07970 500302. See ya Saturday.

All the way down my left arm - having a full sleeve done.

You're braver than me! :lol:

I have one on my right arm but it's nothing so grand in design. It's one of those "mis-spent youth" things that will never go away!

Anyone have sat nav coordinates or a postcode for the darksite? Or is anyone meeting at the pub? I am sure I can get to the pub with the sat nav and then follow someone from there.

Felix

The Packhorse Ground

Sandyford Lane

Alderwasley

Belper

Derbyshire

DE56 2D.

Look for the clubhouse on google maps - use satellite view - it's a spot tricky - the pub is in ambergate (Hurt Arms) :)

So whos actually meeting at the pub, because I want to bring my 200p(Kim kindly said I can try a few of his eyepieces), so if I bring that then I'd probably have to go directly to the ground.

If anybody wants a lift from Sutton-in-Ashfield area, just shout.

How about sutton on sea ? lol

Nice one Dave, hope you can make it!

On another note, ok if I bring the mother-in-law along, it's on the condition I can come out to play as the wife has to work now, so I need someone to look after my lad (her partner will look after him as long as she can come), just bought her the Skywatcher 130 synscan goto and she is chuffed to bits.

Thanks, can I apologise now, the wife laughed when I said I`m taking her along, she asked if the guys and gals knew what they were letting them selves in for.......