• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

AN EVENING WITH EAST MIDLANDS STARGAZERS

Doc

Great night chaps, good to see the new members.

The char wallah played a blinder as usual.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc

• Brantuk

• BAZ

• Craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigTfromNotts

A great evening. A special thanks to Mick, Phil, KIm, Martyn, Steve and John for the talks and the information they gave us.

A big thank you to the Char wallah and his Brewmobile.

Nice to meet up with some of you again, and equally nice to meet new people who came.

More of the same please.

Tony

Edited by BigTfromNotts

Thanks for a great night chaps, I think it went fantastic, a big thankyou to all the speakers, and an extra pat on the back for the char wallah.

Roll on the next one.

I think identifing everyone seems a problem? Maybe we should get some EMS name badges for meetings?

Good idea Ron - and yes it was a great evening and a superb turnout. Looking forward to the next one allready.

Thanks everyone for making it sucha good evening - and special mention to Martyn who allways does a great job keeping us cha'd up :)

Thanks for a fantastic evening guys and gals. Good to put some names to faces and thanks to the speakers for giving us an insight into each topic, also the char wallah for the tea. Another thanks goes out to Kim for the very short loan of his Hyperion, that's going to be purchased sooner rather than later. Fantastic evening, when's the next one?

Has a great evening :). Thanks to all who gave their time to talk to us about the various topics. Big thanks to Martin for the coffee :). Shame that the cloud moved in, still got to look at M42, M45 and Jupiter. Bring on the next one. Thanks also to Kim for letting me use his Hyperion Zoom :). Can't wait for mine to arrive and the Orion RACI finder scope!

Felix

Brilliant night even with poor weather, nice to put a few names to faces, thanks for everyone who did the talks, very interesting and I learnt some new things.

Baader should be paying me royalties lol

A couple of us mentioned that maybe you get some sort of percentage on any sales from us :lol:

glad i didn`t miss it after all. great to chat to everyone, time flew by too fast again, thanks to the speakers and Martyn for refreshments.

I thought the first "Evening with East Midlands Stargazers" went really well, good turnout & a friendly atmosphere as usual. Great to see new faces there - I hear a couple of folks joined as dark site members. Thanks to the speakers and the charwallah, that new brew machine is a monster!

Thanks to all the speakers from me and Duane too and a big up to Martin for tea, and the battery - cheers pal :)

We even saw some unexplained weirdness on the horizon when we were leaving at around 11! A top evening that will no doubt result in even more expenditure (thicker socks & zoom lenses!) ;)

Dan

A really good evening with a great turn out, I was wondering if anyone did a head count, 30 eh? and thats with just a weeks notice fantastic.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and its nice to see new faces even though they were in the dark outside :)

I reckon it was a good mix of talks and practical and it was great that we actually got to look at a few objects thro scopes despite the cloud.

Heres to the next one

Phil

Very good evening, a really big achievement given the notice. :)

We definitely need to do somethiong next year to coincide with Stargazing Live 2013. :D

Sounds great, just as long as the world doesn't come to an end on 21/12/2012, the Miyan calendar runs out.............;)

Well even if it does I think we can rely on Ibbo or Philj to get some great images of the end

That was a good night!

I would like to say a personal thanks to Pat and Ron for making such long trips to be there, and to Pat for his generous donation of Brewing tackle.

Thanks to every one else who brought snacks as well. Damian's Doughnuts, it does have a ring to it!

I propose Kim is made the groups "Curator of Shiny Things", I have never seen so many eyepieces that weren't in a shop.

It was great to meet the new members, and I hope you got some of your questions answered, - if not, just ask.

I have to admit the brew monster exceeded even my expectations, 10 litres of water from stone cold to boiling in fifteen minutes, awesome.

If anyone would like a certain subject covered, please give us suggestions, so we can get something put together in time.

Guest Tweedledum

Martyn, that brewer is awesome, looks like something off a hot air balloon!. Great job with the coffee - kept the cold at bay! but did not stop ice forming on the bolt cases...

Just off to clean the corrector plate!

Cheers All.

You could support a community on moonbase alpha with that thing lol - well done Martyn keeping us all topped up :)

It was a very enjoyable evening, and I had my first look ever through a scope. Thank you for making us feel very welcome, thank you for the very interesting talks, they were spot on for our level, we didn't get lost or confused at all. Thank you for all the pointers and help and finally thank you to everyone for letting us use your scopes. When's the next one?

If it's clear at the weekend, watch out for a observing meeting thread popping up on Fri/Sat - possibly at Sawley. Keep an eye on it till the last minute cos they can be cancelled if the weather turns very close to the start time :)