Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

AN EVENING WITH EAST MIDLANDS STARGAZERS

BAZ

Anyone who wasn't able to attend on Saturday night, or in fact wasn't able to understand my ramblings, will be able to find I have added a polished up and expanded version in Guides and Tutorials.

A GUIDE TO THE NIGHT SKY, ITEM 5.

Tweedledum

Martyn,

Far from rambling, it was a good hop across the sky :).

Cheers

BAZ

Thanks!

Iam running out of ideas now on what to put on, any suggestions?

Rusty Strings

Best tea/coffee, biscuits for stargazing?

BAZ

Right, that's an important question and it needs answering.

What snackage for gazing?

Brantuk

Mars Bar, Miky Way, Galaxy, to name but three lol :)

catman161
Mars Bar, Miky Way, Galaxy, to name but three lol

"like" :)

BAZ

Jaffa cakes seem to be a staple goodie, but I can only manage a couple of packets!

Doc

When I used to do a lot of hill walking many years ago the walkers always had packets of Jaffa cakes on them, it was the staple diet to give you an energy boost.

Tweedledum

NOOOOO not Jaffa cakes, just one bite and you do not want to know the rest. :wacko: ...Hill walking has to be Kendal Mint Cake, accompanied by a flask of hot choccy in Scotland and a hip flask of brandy!....

Doc

NOOOOO not Jaffa cakes, just one bite and you do not want to know the rest. :wacko: ...Hill walking has to be Kendal Mint Cake, accompanied by a flask of hot choccy in Scotland and a hip flask of brandy!....

Sounds awesome, it brings back some memories.

Rusty Strings

The jaffa cake appear to be the snake of choice in many recording studios I've frequented.

Cazz

I wish they did Jaffa cakes that didn't contain orange, but then I guess they would just be cakes. :rolleyes: I have seen different flavoured ones in Lidls.

Another question is, what is the best vehicle to go stargazing in, or should that with? ;)

Doc

One that your scope fits in I persume. No good trying to fit a 16" Meade Lightbridge into a Mini.