• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

500 members!

Guest Eddy

Well said Eddy! :D

I'd credit most, if not not all, of the success to the membership. Without a warm welcome and engaging content (which you lot post) we'd never have been a success. 

:2thumbsup:

A fantastic achievement by everyone.

Simply, all we want to do is Astronomy. If we can help others along the way get more out of what can be a a frustrating hobby at times, (particularly imaging) then that's all that matters.

A big pat on the back to everyone.  :thumbsup:

Number 500 was Nick Tatters who happened along at just the right time lol :)

(See middle of main page right at the bottom of forum boards for latest member to join.)

What I find really amazing is that over 100 of those are in this year, it was only the middle of Jan when we were looking at the 400th member signing up! Well done all :thumbsup:

I've not met Sheila but now I think I'm going to smirk when I do thinking of you lot saying this stuff. Sorry if i do smile when we meet Sheila

James

Five years ago when i was looking to buy my first telescope, I found it difficult to start out.
The main source of online information was SGL and the usual advice was "go look through a telescope at a star party" which were few and far between.
It's a credit to EMS and it's members that everyone has access to excellent online information and advice but also access to regular meets at different locations.
For anybody starting out now days, the offer of a telescope demonstration in an EMS member's back yard, usually with a free cup of tea is priceless.
I wish EMS was around when I first started, it would have saved me a small fortune in uneducated poor equipment purchases.
Congratulations to all EMS members for making this a great place to be.

Paul

Edited by PaulG

That's what we're here for Paul - thanks for the compliments - makes it all worthwhile. :)

We were on SGL back then but they didn't have social groups at that time so we didn't form EMS for your first 18mths or so. But now with our own forum of 500  and circa 10% regular dark site members it has become a great place for everyone whatever your experience is from newbie to advanced.

But it's you the members that make EMS what it is - so well done everyone - onwards and upwards. :)

Yes, thank you everyone for making here a very warm and welcoming place to come. Even though I don't seem to do very much, I do in fact get loads out of what I do do.

Perhaps next time I'll manage a bit more as I won't be dog or sister sitting lol.