• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Very first DSO with new c8n

Guest twintin

Guest twintin

Well i know this is rubbish but i thought id post it anyway as its the first one i've ever done and i'm learning my way round the C8-N. My polar alignment was not the best as im still on a learning curve. I plonked my 450d on the scope and set BYEOS to somerandom exposures based on 15 second average and just snapped away. Then used dss to stack the results ( i have no idea what im doing yet) and here's the result.I know it's not great but its a start.

Nice.

I figure that only me and you posted images tonight (looking at the image post time log). Therefore by default we own tonight.

I'm happy to say that mine is mono and yours has colour so hats off to you. LOL!

That's a great first image. Keep up the good work, there's load to learn.

Dave

That is great, especially if its your first.

It interests me as it shows how much the wider the field is in your scope compared to mine.

Good work.

James

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, any tips on how to get the black blacker?

Did you apply any processing in something like photoshop or gimp? If not, have a search on Youtube, there are some great tutorials that will help you along the way with levels and curves to start off with. I rather suspect by the hue that LP may be an issue with the background. That can also be processed out with various gradient tools, although a filter attached to the camera is the first step to improving that aspect IMO.

Have a search on Youtube, there's lots there. it's easier than trying to explain as they guide you through which is easier than a bunch of words on a screen when you're trying to learn something like this.