• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ngc4725 and 4747

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I've not been able to do much with my new working hours very early starts for me so I don't get many late nights any more, but I have been grabbing frames over three nights here and there managed to get enough to put this one together. Exposure times Luminance 6x20mins plus the RGB subs, red 3x20mins Green 3x14mins Blue 3x18mins. This pair are very small in the full frame so Ive cropped in to stop them disappearing into nothing.
and an extreme crop to show the core of 4725

Thanks for looking
a0950.jpg

a0949.jpg

Cracking image as usual Peter, you never disappoint,  is that another couple of small galaxies below the left one in the crop?

Guest peter shah

Thanks Eddy/Sheila, yep there is fluff all over the frame, including some really tiny but dense galaxy clusters with a beautiful golden tone to them, too small to see detail, but you can see they aint stars

Edited by peter shah

Wow! Stunning Peter! So much going on in this photo-galaxies everywhere! Really nice picture :)

Fantastic work Mr Shah.

The extreme crop image is showing a tremendous amount of detail   :respect:

Regards.

What else can I say.

The Galaxy to the right looks like its in major turmoil.

Guest peter shah

Wow thanks everyone, im really pleased with this shot, Ive not done a lot over the past few weeks its great to get one under my belt at long last

Guest peter shah

Thanks Rick ,Yep I have an Orion Optics AG12 and a H35 by starlight xpress it sits on a Gemini G41 Hungarian mount which is customised with a Losmandy Gemini goto system, The scope has an FLI PDF focuser which makes the whole scope virtually flex free,  here is a link to my equipment page http://www.astropix.co.uk/equipment.html