• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Downtime

Craig

After the last update I do hope this one's easier... but, an update has been released so I will need to take the forums offline in the very near future to apply it.

This update allegedly fixes the issues with posting via a mobile device, so I will be looking to apply it ASAP.

I use an iphone 5, and if i click the back arrow at the bottom of the beowser screen, on the next screen i get a big black box saying loading, but it stays until i load a new screen. Can i get rid of it?

James

Can you take a screenshot and show me? (hold home button and press power)

Thanks for teaching me how to do a screen shot, i never knew how it was done!

James

James

just don't hold them down too long, I believe 3 seconds is the length to hold them down for factory restore = Armageddon.

James

And me, thanks.

I didn't even realise that it could be done. :)

just don't hold them down too long, I believe 3 seconds is the length to hold them down for factory restore = Armageddon.

I'll be carefull about that then.

Cheers Mike.

Factory reset! Not again, i've had that twice whilst updating software and it's not fun :(

I think i'll leave the screen shots for now as i can't face factory reset ever again.

James

Update completed.

I have some editor related changes to make but I am going to wait for the skin author to do those, rather than cripple it with a mistake.

Please report any bugs in this thread!

Factory reset! Not again, i've had that twice whilst updating software and it's not fun :(

I think i'll leave the screen shots for now as i can't face factory reset ever again.

James

I had a check James and I think this is just forum performance or loss of signal at the mobile end. There's nothing else that's obvious.

James

Main perpetrator for having to end up doing a factory reset when updating iPhones is not turning off antivirus and firewall programmes. I have done it once before and ended wing on the phone to America as they guided me through process of sorting it all out. That was way back when I was an apple noob though :)

Final updates applied tonight. Mainly fixes with the editor.

Please report any problems. :)

James

Nothing to panic about. It just reboots the phone and can sort out a few glitches on poorly designed apps. It worth doing occasionally. Just hold both buttons until the apple appears on screen. You'll lose nothing

It's more of an oversight on my part. I applied an old update in error. :)

Fixing it now!

The light skin should also be back.

*lunch break emergency fixes :lol:*

Wahooo, got light skin back :D Any chance you can make the colour black for any white text too? :P

I've griped about this with IPS before, but it never gets enough complaints to warrant a change. I'll keep griping.