• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Video capture software

Guest Justinshaw

Hi Justin, sharpcap is available to download for free for Windows 8. I use it for planetary imaging which is what i assume you want to use it for?

Guest Justinshaw

Hi Mark

yes thats right, just got a webcam for £2, the lens screwed off and i have fited with a tube to attach to telescope.

i tried downloading Sharpcap, but it just kept giving me the OPEN option instead of RUN, so i couldnt download.

i will try again.

cheers

J

Guest Justinshaw

its a creative one, bought from a guy at work for £2, and it seems to work well, didnt need to modify it, lens unscrewed and i fited a 35mm film case, from the inside fits perfectly through the lens hole and front just screwed back over it. so just need a clear night to see what it can do.have done some with my DSLR using a t-mount, works well with the moon just not planets.