• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Solar storm

Allan the Plumber

Just heard on radio that there's been a solar prominace that has sent a large stream of solar particles are way will hit the Earth sometime this afternoon off to unplug computer just in case

I've painted a door white and put it against the wall at an angle so I can get under it. If it saves me from an atomic bomb then a solar storm will be chicken feed lol.

"When the wind blows" by Raymond Briggs. 

Originally a comic style drawn book in a similar vein to his Snowman.

The animated film was just chilling. He had a great style of making light of something, until the point he was making slowly dawned on you.

Blimey I have just found it, here's something to cheer you up. Sort of relevant with that nut job in DRNK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aHT-IlkHo

It's only meaning that if we had nice dark skies we might just get to see a bit of thse Northen light

oh yes and every sub station, Computer circuit, powerline well anything electronic are going to melt down pushing us back into the stone age

One positive at least we'll have dark skies well apart from the fires, exploding nuclear power stations, planes falling out of the sky !!!!!

I'm off to dig my shelter (grave) in the garden now bye!!!!!!!

Don't laugh, my laptop just broke Friday morning. Black screen of death "error, loading operating system".  I also might have lost 3 months data if the hard disk is fried. I doubt it's particles from the Sun since they probably take a day or two to arrive.  I have so many things done via internet, without it makes it difficult. :( 

Don't laugh, my laptop just broke Friday morning. Black screen of death "error, loading operating system".  I also might have lost 3 months data if the hard disk is fried. I doubt it's particles from the Sun since they probably take a day or two to arrive.  I have so many things done via internet, without it makes it difficult. :(

Derek I have a reader that can pull everything off your hard drive as long as the hard drive hasn't been damaged (broken smashed etc.) :D :D

If it’s just the operating system corrupeted  all your photos files etc. should still be accessible

:rolleyes:

Allan