• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Alcohol and credit cards

dawson

Do you think think people list items on ebay to end on a saturday evening in the hope the person buying is under he influence of alcohol?

It's a good job there's nothing i'd like as i've had a glass of vino too many :)

James

Do i really need a 14" A Ritchey–Chrétien telescope from italy?!

Haha

Kim you ate a bad influence! If i had room and the vista for an observatory i might just think about it.

J

Alcohol, credit card. it will end in tears!! Press the resist button. :lol:

I will say that sometimes it does work in our favour. ;)

Don't worry James, forget the R/C  and get a 20" Plane Wave instead. I'll look after it for you. :D

I would agree with Mark, no good can come of it whether selling or buying.  Once you have committed, your'e stuffed.

Well i've woken up today and..... I've bought the 14" RC, an EQ2 to put it on, a second hand shed with a hole in the roof i thought i could use as an observatory and i've transferred £25,000 into Sunshine Nwembay's bank account as her husband has died and she needs help getting several million out of Africa.... Only joking. Nothing happened, but i do recall being under the influence of alcohol one year and watching children in need; now that was an expensive evening!

James

Don't worry James, forget the R/C and get a 20" Plane Wave instead. I'll look after it for you. :D

They're pretty heavy Martyn-I should probably be with you every time it is clear to make sure that you're using correct manual handling procedures :D

Well i've woken up today and..... I've bought the 14" RC, an EQ2 to put it on, a second hand shed with a hole in the roof i thought i could use as an observatory and i've transferred £25,000 into Sunshine Nwembay's bank account as her husband has died and she needs help getting several million out of Africa.... Only joking. Nothing happened, but i do recall being under the influence of alcohol one year and watching children in need; now that was an expensive evening!

James

Ha ha ha! That made me LOL, I came pretty close to ROFLMAOing too!

It's half the fun narrowing down the hundreds of different combinations of scopes, mounts, new vs second hand :) Also when my back is bad i don't even want to think about it, when it doesn't hurt i think i could lift anything. A lot of ABS stuff has gone by the time i've made my mind up, or they never reply to emails.

I'll get there one day. Hopefully sober.

James

I can relate to that, either ok or not ok, all or nothing kind of thing. Very though provoking, and that's without alcohol or credit cards. :-$

So what have you bought?

I didn't buy anything. I was teasing. I sent two emails to ABS yesterday about items which have been on there for sometime, but which i'd not noticed, but no replies yet.

I remember reading that now lol, note to self - take notes to avoid looking incompetent lol.

I use an eBay sniping app to help me avoid situations like that. I work out the maximum I'd pay usually based on a percentage of new then set that as my limit and forget about it until I get an email telling me if I won or lost. ;)

I use an eBay sniping app to help me avoid situations like that. I work out the maximum I'd pay usually based on a percentage of new then set that as my limit and forget about it until I get an email telling me if I won or lost. ;)

Oh yeah James knows all about Goofbay don't you James ;)